October 4, 2008

Politics in Gettysburg


This morning during my weekly trek to the Farmers Market on the Gettysburg square, I noticed the local political scene is in full swing. Volunteers for both Presidential campaigns had their booths set up, where typically you would see vendors selling potted plants, baked goods and produce.

It was kind of funny to see both parties right next to each other, both vying for the attention of the passerby.

Election day is exactly a month away, so be sure you are registered. The deadline to register in most states is October 6 (very soon!).

http://www.voteforchange.com

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled onto your website through another link and immediately filled out my information for a subscription. I then took a closer look at the links and checked out the blog. The entry from October 4 with a photo of the booths for the two presidential campaigns caught my attention. And then I noticed that following the text there is a link to the Obama website - and the Obama website only! Now, of course, we are way beyond the election; however, in the interest of fairness, why was McCain's website not listed as well??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your interest in Celebrate Gettysburg magazine and our blog. In our print publication, we strive to be fair and objective, and do not allow our personal beliefs or the personal beliefs of our writers, photographers or staff members to creep into the publication’s pages. However, with the blog, the line is a little blurred, and sometimes I, as publisher, provide commentary, though it is rare that I do so.

    The link currently found with the blog, was at the time, a link to register to vote. It seems as though the campaign has made the link connect to another page.

    I appreciate your comment, and hope that you will enjoy your subscription to the magazine, which highlights the people and places that make Gettysburg unique.

    ReplyDelete